Sandy is an editorial and digital marketing consultant with over 10 years of experience in the fields of journalism and new media.
After earning her A.B. in Journalism degree from the University of Santo Tomas, Sandy began her career journey as a junior reporter for a local Japanese community paper, where she covered the police, politics and business beats. In 2010, she transitioned to working on a freelance basis as an online researcher, copywriter, copy editor, content manager and social media marketer. The opportunity has allowed her to expand her reach and work with individuals and businesses from the U.S., Canada, Europe, Singapore and United Arab Emirates.
She most recently served as the managing director of an advertising technology provider, where she ran several teams of about 50 online freelance contractors. She also devised custom digital PR campaigns for publicly traded companies from the United States and the United Kingdom, and aided in business development (in the Philippines) for the same firm.
Her career milestones during the last five years include:
- Reaching a more diverse international audience with the publication of her financial articles in popular websites, such as TheStreet, Benzinga, WIRED Innovation Insights, and the Gyorni Journal in Russia;
- Writing a proposal for a Belgium/UAE-based company, which successfully won the distribution/selling rights for interactive projectors that are intended for use at the Expo 2020 in Dubai;
- Covering the Asian Development Bank’s, Business Opportunities Fair, for The Marianas Business Journal;
- Participating in the recently concluded Photo World Asia 2017 where she got to listen to lectures by (and meet) renowned photojournalists Romy Gacad, Christophe Loviny and Per-Andre Hoffman;
- Writing and copy editing for 360training.com and The New You Magazine;
- Writing a column about the commercialization of news for Rogue Magazine;
Through the years, Sandy has grown and maintained her network of contacts in the local and international media, having been a contributor for publications in various niche. She is currently focused on growing Lioness Media’s pool of clients, providing editorial and digital marketing consultancy services as a freelance contractor, and completing her personal projects.
Interested to work with her? Send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to gain access to Sandy’s portfolio and sample works. You may also connect with her on LinkedIn to see her full credentials and become part of her network.